Friday, May 13, 2011

Versatile Blogger

I received the Versatile Blogger Award!
Yay! I'm really excited about this.
(Unfortunately, since blogger didn't save this the first time around here is my second time filling this out and the second time is never as good as the first!)


The rules of accepting the award are as follows:

1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them.

Thanks Whitty @ The Ulrich Family! I really appreciate you giving me this award. I miss you a lot. Do you realize that if you moved back to Cedar we could be crafting buddies! Love you and love your blog.

2. Tell 7 things about yourself.

Here comes some randomness...

1. I love to read. Some of my favorite memories from my childhood involve me climbing into my mom's bed next to her on Saturday morning with a good book. She was always reading too. In fact I have read the whole Harry Potter series like 4 times...

2. I love Music. Really I love any type of music but my favorite is musicals. I love them and my favorite musical is Wicked. Could be that Wicked is the only musical I have seen on Broadway but still. I also love to blast Josh Groban while I clean. There is just something about his voice.

3. I love school. Everything about it including the homework. From Elementary all the way up! If there was a job that paid for people to go to school just to see what the class was like. That would be me. I have a bachelors degree in Elementary Education, a double minor in ESL & Reading. I also have my Cosmetology license. Who knows I may go back to school for my Masters.

4. My favorite animal is a Hippopotamus. I think this obsession started when I was young because I felt bad for the overweight ignored animal. Then everyone started buying me hippo things. I swear that I have every single hippo thing out there. I think they are really cute.

5. I used to be a little OCD. I would ask Kirk to clean something up and then after he finished I would go in and do it again my way. I'm not sure why. My house was pretty spotless all the time. Then I had a child. It was fine for a little while then he started walking and getting into things and I started going a little crazy. I would follow him around and clean up after him all day. Finally I realized it wasn't worth it and I was cured a little from my OCD. So if you come over and my house if a mess. You should be happy for me because I am no longer struggling with my OCD.

6. I wish that I liked to exercise, but I don't. I just lost 20 lbs of left over baby weight and it was hard work. (I thought it was okay to sit on the couch everyday and eat double stuffed Oreos...I've learned my lesson) I seriously have to force myself to exercise because I just love food and I can't give it up. The other incentive I have is my gym has a day care so I can drop Ky off, hop on the elliptical and read a book :) I still have a few more pounds to loose.

7. Crafting isn't a talent that I was born with. I have to work at it everyday. I try really hard but Ky makes it a little difficult seeing as he is so fun to be with and I want to play with him. I like to think that I can be crafty when I want to.



3. Pay it forward and award the Versatile Blogger to 15 recently discovered new bloggers.

Here are some awesome blogs that I have found recently...some a few days ago and some a few months ago

Jana @ Cakes by Jana
Such a talented girl, Such amazing cakes. Seriously, they are delicious.

Valerie @ Making Messes
So creative, goodness. You have to check out her Quiet Books, A-MAZ-ING

Becky @ Just Beckause
A great blog with a variety of ideas, recipes and more. I always look here for ideas.

Fabric Bows & More
It may be a good thing that I don' t have a little girl or I would spend all my time on this site. So cute!

Meghan @ Cupcakes with Sprinkles
Let's be honest I hate cooking but this blog has made it a whole lot easier all the recipes are delicious!

Alyssa @ Live. Love. Craft.
So young, so talented. Maybe she could stop by my house and decorate?

Stef @ It's all in my Head
I love all the crafts that she does for her kids. Not to mention all the other cute crafts too.

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife
Truly a blog with a little bit of everything. She give me hope that one day I may be successful at this.

Crafty Six
I love the patriotic crafts and her blocks are some of the cutest I've seen.

Josh @ Phat Josh
Inspiring. Josh takes us through his journey of weight loss and staying healthy.

Jessica @ Daily Ramblings
Is a fantastic writer! I love to read her blog it is so real life. I have to check hers out daily.

Mary @ Straight from the Farm
Sorry for most of you because this awesome blog has gone private. However, lucky for you she does stop by Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy every once in a while to share her craftiness.

Sam @ Milk Duds are Lowfat
Gives us a reason everyday to smile. I love that all I have to do is check out this blog and wahlah instant smile!

Alicia @ William and Alicia
A blog about love, heartbreak, adoption, foster care, and more. Love you Alicia!

Cher @ Love, Actually
Such a cute blog on romance on a budget. I loved her bachelor party idea!

Thanks again Whitty!
Hope you all enjoyed that. Make sure you check out those sweet blogs!

1 comment:

Ma and Pa Ellertson said...

This is fun Kelli. I love reading your blogs.