Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Book Review: The Looking Glass Wars






I read a lot.
By A lot I mean, more than one person probably should. But, I love books. It is nice to get lost in a different place and learn new things. 
I thought it might be somewhat interesting or helpful to fellow book lovers to post some book reviews
So here goes:
I recently finished reading The Looking Glass Wars Series

This series was recommended to me by another book loving friend. 
It is a take on the story of Alice and Wonderland.Young Adult Fiction.
Don't judge me but I am not a fan of Alice in Wonderland, it was always really creepy to me. So when I got the recommendation I was a little Wary. 
I was actually surprised at how much I liked these books and how they didn't bother me at all.
I think that I would have to rate this series a 4 out of 5
It kept me entertained, the language was good. It is a quick easy read. The thought process and imagination behind the books was incredible.  The problem with this series is that is all seems so rushed. The author could have gone into way more detail and given a little more development with some characters and also with events. After finishing one of these books and the series, I always wished that the author would've spent a little more time writing it. The books would've been way longer and in this case I think it would've done this series a favor.
If you have read this series let me know what you think. If you want to learn more about the series you can check out the authors website here. http://www.lookingglasswars.com/lgw_books/lgw_books_fs.html

No comments: