Friday, January 8, 2010

1.8.10

Fiesta Chicken & Rice (Thanks for the recipie mom)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup chuncky salsa or picante sauce
1/2 cup water
1 cup whole kernel corn
4/5 cup uncooked regular long grain rice
4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
paprika
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

mix soup, salsa, water, corn & rice in 2 quart shallow baking dish.
top with chicken & sprinkle with paprika & cheese
Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 45 mins or done

*I did it a little differently than the recipie. *
Instead of corn I used 3/4 can of Black beans, drained.
I only used 2 chicken breasts but they were big

**Also, when I checked the chicken after 45 mins the middle wasn't done. So, I cut the chicken into cubes. Put it back in for 23 mins. It was really good. I would suggest cutting the chicken into strips in the begginning it will cook faster...**

***Rated: Kirk:5 Kelli 4.5 Kent (our friend) 4 because he was craving beef haha***

No comments: