Tuesday, January 25, 2011

DIY: Name Wall Hanging

So my mom got me these cute letters that were laser cut out of paper. They were so cute and we couldn't pass them up. I wanted to do something with them. With the help of my friend Alyssa we came up with this little idea.Pretty Cute right? So we bought a dowel and a skinny piece of wood at Joannes and cut the dowel in half and the board into 3x3. Drilled holes on one side for the ribbon. Then we painted them all white.For embellishment we used glitter. I love how it turned out and wish the picture did it justice. Then we modge podged on the the letters. The only advice I would give is maybe put the letters on first because glitter isn't the best surface to stick things....
Picked out some ribbon that matched and tied it around the dowel to hang. Pretty cute right?
What do you think about my first craft? Did it do okay?
Linking to : Sassy Sites

3 comments:

kricketlyn said...

kelli I LOVE IT!! so dang cute I want one:)

Kim and Preston said...

That is so cute!

Tim and Brooke said...

I LOVE IT! It is so cute!!!!! When we finally figure out a name, I may have to copy your idea!!!