Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Harry Potter Party

I've wanted to throw a Harry Potter Party for awhile. Let's face it I may be slightly obsessed with HP. I've read the series like 7 times and watched the movies at least 3 times each. I love them. So when I heard that the last movie was being released this month. I took it as my opportunity.
Here are the invitations.
The snitch is just a wooden ball spray painted gold and the wings are gold sparkle paper cut into wings and glued to the ball.
We had to have some HP food at the party. So I made candy bags.(I bought a chocolate mold and used almond bark)
The Butterbeer Recipe I used was cream soda with a little butterscotch syrup (mixed) topped with whipped cream and some more syrup on top.
Liquid Luck was just water
Because of the chilly weather we had some Taco Soup and Some Cheddar Broccoli.
Here is the "Honeyduke's Sweets" Table.
(L-R) Lemon Drops, Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans (Jelly Belly's ), Dementor Chocolate(Candy Bars) , Fizzing Whizbees (Pop Rocks), Licorice Wands (Licorice with an end dipped in Chocolate and sprinkles), Troll Boogies (Green Rice Kripie balls), Chocolate Frogs, Cauldron Cakes ( Small Cupcakes), House Elf Corn Sweet & Buttered (kettle and regular popcorn)
Luckily for us my husband works in a place that has a big room and a screen with good sound. My house is way to small. We loved watching the last HP movie.
We had quite the group and they are what made it so fun. Thanks for coming guys!

1 comment:

kricketlyn said...

WHAT?!? You didn't dress up?!? Well your treats were way cute and the frogs are awesome, good job!!!