Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Chinese New Year with the Kids

My kids look forward to Chinese New Year and its not like we do anything crazy but I guess they enjoy it so much because it is something new. We get a bunch of Chinese New Year Books from the Library and watch a Ni-Hao Kai-Lan (I like to compare this to Chinese Dora). We dress up in our Chinese clothes and take some pictures.
Then we go on a hunt for Chocolate Chinese Coins....They love this
Then as tradition states they get their red envelopes... However, they aren't filled with actual money.
 
They are filled with Things we will be using during our celebration.
Such as a fortune teller fish
and temporary tattoos
and Stickers with the Year of the Monkey on them so they can make their pictures
 
 And this year we made Monkey hats... Which turned out so cute.
I am glad that my kids will do these things with me it break up the monotony of life right? don't forget that my husband is a good sport too....

Happy Chinese New Year!!

No comments: