Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday's Menu: Banana Bread

I got this recipe from a really good friend. This is seriously delicious bread.

Banana Bread

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp soda
2 cups flour
3 bananas, mashed
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
couple shakes of cinnamon (optional)
couple shakes of nutmeg (optional)


cream butter and sugar in bowl. beat in eggs, salt , vanilla. mix well. sift together soda and flour. add to creamed mixture. add bananas, cinnamon, nutmeg, and nuts mix well. pour in greased loaf pan. bake 300* for 1 hour or until bread test done.

I like to use the smaller loaf pans. I think it cooks more evenly. It's also nice to give away~

wanna know a secret? I made this yesterday and ate a whole small loaf by myself.. It is that good

Today's Menu is: So good you will want to eat a whole loaf too!




No comments: