Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday's Menu: Homemade Pizza Crust

I finally got a Pizza Stone! I am really excited about it. I was even more excited when my friend gave me a really yummy homemade pizza dough recipe.

Pizza Dough/Crust

* 1 1/2 cups water
*1 tsp. honey
*1 1/2 tsp olive oil
*1/2 tsp salt
*2-4 cups flour
*1 tsp garlic powder (optional)


Mix water, oil, honey & yeast.
Add salt, garlic powder, & 2 cups of flour.
If using a mixer add the remaining flour until the sides of the mixer come clean.
If kneading by hand knead 7 mins. add one cup at a time until the right consistancy. (smooth and elastic.)
Divide dough and roll out on pizza stone for skinnier crust. (for thicker don't divide)
roll out dough on pizza stone and pierce dough with a fork.
bake at 450 degrees for about 5 mins.
add toppings and bake for about 10 mins.

I just topped mine with sauce, mozzarella and ham.

So Good
Today's Menu is: a Classic!



No comments: