Tuesday, August 23, 2011

re-purposed flip-flops

My cute friend Heather and her friend started a craft night every month. This is their cute blog.
I am so lucky that I got invited to come they do really cute crafts. The 1st one we did was re-purposed flip-flops.
They got the tutorial here.

Here are a few pictures from the process.
This is what we started with.We did the 5 strand braid but these are really cute with just the straps too.
(the lady that does the original tutorial has one for those too)Cut apart the flip flop.
For some reason this was actually a really fun part...:)Put the straps in, tie knots, add some glue, etc.I made a flower out of some material and glued in on there then glued some felt over the straps to the flower to hold it on.
These are so comfortable and I wear them all the time.
I am thinking of making me a pair in every color!


3 comments:

kricketlyn said...

Those are so cute what are your straps made of and how long did you make them?!?

Ma and Pa Ellertson said...

Very Cuty

Kim and Preston said...

Can you come visit so we can do a girls night and make these? They are so cute!