Once again my recipe is coming from my Pinterest browsing and it is a good one. I made a few changes to the original recipe because I didn't want to go shopping and I didn't like some of the ingredients so here is the recipe with my changes.
Tortilla & Black Bean Pie
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 2-4 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Dash Onion Salt
- Dash Salt and Pepper
- Dash Garlic Salt
- Couple Dashes ground cumin
- 1 can Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed (I only used 3/4)
- 1cans (15 ounces each) black beans, drained and rinsed (I only used 3/4)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 can corn (I only used 3/4)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (2 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 lb of ground beef Mine didn't turn out this pretty... Dang you Martha Stewart
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook Ground Beef and drain.
- Add onion salt, cumin, garlic, and salt and Pepper
- Add beans, corn, taco seasoning and water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer until liquid has almost evaporated, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Taste and adjust for seasoning.
Fit a trimmed tortilla in bottom of deep pie tin or cake pan; layer with 1/4 of the beans and 1/2 cup of cheese. Repeat three times, using 1 cup cheese on top layer. Bake until cheese melts, 15 to 20 minutes.
- put a plate on top of the cake pan and flip over to get the tortilla pie out. Cut into slices and serve. You can also serve with ranch if they like that or lettuce.
Today's Menu is: inventive, good, and filling