Monday, November 7, 2011

Monday's Menu: Chimichangas

My mom makes the best Chimichangas. I haven't been able to find one that I like better. Maybe because I like simple. When we were there Halloween weekend I asked her to make them with me so I could learn how. So easy. You should try these.

*Flour Tortillas
*Chicken (boiled and shredded)
*Rotel (Mild tomatoes and chiles)
*Onion (chopped)
*Shredded Cheese
*Oil to fry them in
*Guacamole
*Diced Tomatoes
*Lettuce


1. Mix the Chicken, Rotel, Onion, and Cheese. (My mom never measures these kinds of things she just guesses.) So depending on how many people and the flavor you want is how much to mix in.
2. Heat up the tortillas so you can wrap them and they won't break.
3. Put a little of the chicken mixture in the tortilla and wrap up.
4. Fry it in the oil until golden brown.
5. Serve with guacamole, tomatoes, and lettuce.
Enjoy!
~~~

Sorry about last weeks hiatus. I was on vacation and every once in a while you just need a break from the internet if you know what I mean!



No comments: