Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Canvas Growth Chart

 I have been wanting to do a growth chart for so long. I still remember when my mom use to have us stand against the wall in the pantry and mark our height at the beginning of the school year. I loved it. But I also realized that if for some reason they move or sell the house that would be gone. So I wanted one I could take with me. So, I looked around a lot and I saw the cute 2x4 ones and I thought about it but realized what a pain it would be to move that. I found a canvas one of etsy but it cost 50$....SERIOUSLY?! My last resort was to make one and this is what we came up with.
I got a piece of canvas that was about 7 feet, some stencils, a ruler, a black sharpie, some ribbon, a couple dowels and some balls for the ends of the dowels.
It was actually pretty easy. I followed a ruler and drew in the marks. Glued the canvas to the poles and TADA!! Also for the children they each get their own color of sharpie for the markings which makes it easy and fun for them to find their measurements.
This project probably took 3 hours MAX if that.
Here it is all rolled up for easy travel if necessary!
  I am really quite terrible and the tutorials thing. Soooo if you have any questions please let me know and I will get back to you!


1 comment:

Emily said...

Love this. Mine is on the wall, but this is much cuter! I love your color idea too. I should adopt that.